· Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
· Passion for worship
· Vibrant prayer life.
· Agree with the church doctrine.
· Disciple maker
· Love and respect for people.
· Attested musical skills and competence.
· Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
· Strong team player with the rest of the staff, choir, and congregation.
· Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
· Bachelor’s degree in Music desired
· Quality piano (preferred) or guitar player.
· Possess a strong musical background and training, with ability to read music and lead the
congregation in worship.
· Experience organizing a Blended style worship service.
· Identify theological quality and faithfulness of lyrics.
· Able to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
1. The music director will provide variety in types of music presented, with contemporary music blended
with traditional hymns.
2. The Music Director will be responsible for the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating the
- Special services includes: Easter and Christmas cantata, patriotic service, playing the armed forces songs on veteran’s day at the start of the service, and working with the Greenridge Ministerial Alliance - Baccalaureate service and Community Thanksgiving Service.
- Plan and conduct 5th Sunday singing
3. Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise, and shepherd the vocalists and musicians.
4. The music director will work toward improving congregational singing.
5. Establish a rehearsal schedule for choirs and instrumentalists of various age levels.
6. Administer music budget
7. Work closely with the media team regarding all audio and visual needs.
8. Communicate faithfully with the pastor and staff.
9. Serve on Church Council.
10. Participate in visitation program.
11. Regular attendance of worship service
12. Participate fully in the life and ministry of the church.